Before we talk about prescriptions, it is worth taking a moment to remember that to use Dacepton® successfully, your patient will require:
- The Dacepton® medication (cartridges and/or vials)
- The D-mine® devices (Pen or Pump)
- The ancillaries (pen needles, infusion lines and Reservoir)
Some of the above items are presribed whilst others are provided free of charge. Click here to learn more.
The next section will talk you through how you go about prescribing Dacepton® for your patients.
The table below discusses how much medication you need to prescribe and also contains an example prescription form (FP10) which may be useful.
Dacepton® cartridges (use with D-mine® Pen)
We generally advise you to prescribe two packs of
five (total of 10 cartridges) to begin with.
Remember, you don't need to prescribe the needles.
Dacepton® vials (use with Dacepton® Pump)
For Pump patients you will need to determine how many
Dacepton® vials AND how many Reservoirs the patient will need.
The patient won't be able to administer their therapy
without BOTH their Dacepton® and Reservoirs.
No need to presrcribe the infusion lines.
ORDERING DACEPTON AND D-mine
The patient can get their Dacepton® and ancillaires either from their local pharmacy (via prescription) or they can register for EVER Pharma's homecare. EVER Pharma has partnered with Pharmaxo to deliver a homecare service for patients receiving Dacepton®. Homecare means your patient's medication and ancillaries will be delivered to their home as prescribed, free of charge.
1. If your patient is collecting from their local pharamcy
The patient needs to take the prescription to their local pharmacy. The pharmacy may need to open an account if they do not have one already. To open an account complete the account registration form. The pharmacy can then order the required items via the order form and send this to Pharamaxo for processing.
2. If the patient is using homecare
In order for your patients to receive homecare, they will need to be registered for the service. The process is easy and the is outlined below. Please note the requirements for secondary v primary care are slightly different.
If you are working in Secondary care
1. Determine if your trust has a Pharmaxo Master Service Schedule set up. This is a service level agreement between the Trust and Pharmaxo, and may already be in place.
2. Once the Master Service Schedule is in place, you need to complete a Work Order. This adds Dacepton® to the service agreement and will allow the delivery of Dacepton® under the agreement.
3. Next, register the patient via the patient registration form. This will let Pharmaxo know that this patient needs to receive Dacepton®.
4. All that is left is to write the prescription for your patient. The prescription needs to be written on the Dacepton® homecare prescription form.
5. For any questions please contact Pharmaxo at 01225 302188
If you are working in Primary care
1. Register the patient via the patient registration form.
2. Presribe Dacepton® via your primary care prescription form (FP10).
3. Send a hard copy of the prescription to Pharmaxo to allow for the dispensing of the products.
The postal address is:
1 Corsham Science Park
Tel: 01225 302188
If you have any questions relating to the the information above you can contact us at:
Tel: 0800 254 0175